Sunday, July 22, 2007

Gluten Free Long Island Welcome!

July 22, 2007 And so it begins....

I was toying with this idea for the past year or so, of creating a website dedicated to being Gluten-Free on Long Island, NY and then finally decided to start with a blog, so here I am!

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in the summer of 2005. Ever since then I have been on my search for the best Gluten-Free foods, places to eat, shop, recipes, everything having to do with a Gluten-Free Diet (Free from Wheat, Rye, Barley and most Oats). I will begin by compiling a list of places where I shop, eat, find deals, and order foods from. When I was first diagnosed it was scary, and most of my "searches" turned up restaurants in NYC, which was great as I am a frequent visitor to NYC, but I would like to help out others on LI to help with some of the "investigation" of GF products!

If you have any great finds that you would like to pass along, please feel free to do so!

I will try to be accurate and up-to-date, but I too feel I must offer a disclaimer: None of the information I will be posting should be treated as medical advice. Also, GFLI cannot take responsibility for errors or misinformation that might appear here. I encourage all readers to confirm information to their own satisfaction. I am not responsible for any information found on links I have posted. This site is intended to help simplify any "Google" searching you would do on your own and listing it on one place as well as "successes" that I have found out there. Obviously everyone is different, so please use your own judgment.

And as always, please confirm all information with restaurant managers prior to eating at any of the listed establishments.

No comments: